Monday, February 24, 2014

Field Blog 2

In our second field experience we visited Beachwood Middle School and it was a great experience. I enjoyed my time there very much the teachers, students, and administrators were very friendly and helpful. The all-around atmosphere that I got from the school was that it was one that everybody there loved what they were doing. I sat in on a Chinese class and a Spanish class and both of the classrooms had a good feeling to them. The teacher of the Chinese class told us that she loved working in Beachwood city schools. She was very close with her students and you could see this because her and one of students had went outside to talk and the teacher came back in comforting the student a lot. So you can see that her students felt comfortable enough to talk to her about anything and i think all teachers need to have this type of relationship with there students. Also the kids there were learning at a very fast rate, the students had been in Chinese class for only two weeks and they had already learned a ton of words and their names in Chinese and how to write them. I could defiantly see myself working in a school like Beachwood in the future because it was very diverse and thats the type of environment that I am use to and one that I want to work in. Being in Beachwood really showed me just how much fun and rewarding teaching can be and really made me feel like I made the right choice in what I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment